Vietnam – New regulations for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Zigbee and 1 GHz to 40 GHz SRD
Market approval for devices using radio technologies in Vietnam is based on the requirements defined by the Vietnamese authority MIC (Ministry of Information and Communications).
The MIC has recently released new versions of technical regulations on RF requirement for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Zigbee and 1 GHz to 40 GHz SRD:
- QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07)
- QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 440 v2.2.1 (2018-07)
Both draft national technical regulations are planned to be implemented at 1 July 2021 and impacts shall be enforced on the same day.
What are the most relevant changes?
- All test report according to former version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Customer need to re-test according to 2020 version.
- All Type Approval certificates which list QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT need to be renewed or add-in QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT / QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT to maintain validity for importation.
- MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to new standards in order to get test reports accepted by MIC Vietnam for the new standards.
- MRA test report must be at least according to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07) or ETSI EN 300 440 V2.2.1(2018-07) version in order to be accepted for TA certification. MRA test report according to former versions shall be rejected.
What product categories are impacted?
Impacted by QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT are
- All the products which have Wi-Fi or Zigbee (Laptop, tablet, mobile phone, access point, Wi-Fi router, other kind of products having Wi-Fi connection, smart-home Zigbee products…)
Impacted by QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT are
- SRD operated in 1 GHz – 40 GHz bands like 2.4 GHz RFID/SRD, 24 GHz radar… (except for Wi-Fi, BT, Zigbee or other kinds of product which a more specific technical regulation has been applied)
In case of any questions, feel free to get in touch with us: https://www.cetecom.com/en/contact/.