Market approval for radio technology products in Malaysia is issued by the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM). The private entity is appointed by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), and no product can be marketed in Malaysia without a SIRIM approval.
Basically, the SIRIM approval is a national certification regime with its own specifications, which, however, is partly based on the European Radio Equipment Directive (RED). Accordingly, SIRIM accepts those test reports and certificates based on the specifications of the RED which are recognized by MCMC. In cases where the EU test reports are not accepted, local on-site testing is necessary. Furthermore, the involvement of a local representative is required to complete the certification process. All in all, a manufacturer must adjust to an approval period of 12 to 14 weeks.
After a successful approval by SIRIM, which is valid for five years, the manufacturer is obliged to use the corresponding approval label on the product. The label consists of the MCMC logo and a unique SIRIM identification number consisting of four letters and eight digits: ABCD12345678.
As CETECOM, we offer our customers a wide range of SIRIM certification testing services, and we coordinate all necessary on-site testing and communications with local contacts in Malaysia as part of our certification services.
On our website you will find more information about our full testing and certification services. You can also find further information on the specifications for a SIRIM certification and the associated MCMC certification label, as well as many other approval regimes in our certification database CETECOM CERT.
Other articles of this series:
- FCC certification for US market entry
- ACMA certification for market approval in Australia
- CCC certification for approval in China
- ISED certification for market approval in Canada
- ICASA certification for market approval in South Africa
- CE marking for a market approval in Europe
- ENACOM certification for market approval in Argentina
- ANRT certification for a market approval in Morocco
- CITC certification for market approval in Saudi Arabia
- KC certification for market access in South Korea
- Anatel certification for market access in Brazil
- SUBTEL certification for a market approval in Chile
- MCITT certification for market approval in India
- NCA approval for the market entry in Ghana
- MBIE certification for market approval in New Zealand
- MinTIC certification for market access for Colombia
- MoC certification for a market approval in Israel
- Market approval in Turkey by the ICTA
- ATT certification for market approval in Bolivia
- NCC certification for market approval in Nigeria
- NTRA certification for market approval in Egypt
- IDA certification for market approval in Singapore
- TRC certification for regulatory approval in Jordan