The regulatory approval for wireless technology products for Nigeria is defined by the National Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and closely follows the CE Marking regulations for EU regulatory approval.
The approval for the Nigerian market is permanently valid, so no recertification of products is required. Due to the existing connection to the CE marking and the specifications defined in the radio equipment directive (RED), test results and certificates for CE marking are accepted by the NCC. Therefore, no local tests are necessary in a laboratory in Nigeria, nor is the involvement of a local representative. The complete certification process, for which manufacturers have to schedule between 16 and 20 weeks, is carried out with the NCC.
All communications equipment that has been type approved must be labelled with a label approved by the Commission. Since the label consists exclusively of text, a manufacturer must ensure a minimum height of the letters of 2 mm.
We offer our customers the full NCC certification for the Nigerian market. After the necessary tests for a CE certification, which we carry out in our laboratories in Germany and the US, our experienced certification team takes over the coordination of the approval of the product with the NCC. In this way, we guarantee our customers an efficient approval for the Nigerian market.
On our website you will find more information about our full testing and certification services. You can also find further information on the specifications for ATT certification and the associated certification label, as well as many other approval regimes in our certification database CETECOM CERT.
Other articles of this series:
- FCC certification for US market entry
- ACMA certification for market approval in Australia
- CCC certification for approval in China
- ISED certification for market approval in Canada
- ICASA certification for market approval in South Africa
- CE marking for a market approval in Europe
- ENACOM certification for market approval in Argentina
- ANRT certification for a market approval in Morocco
- CITC certification for market approval in Saudi Arabia
- KC certification for market access in South Korea
- Anatel certification for market access in Brazil
- SUBTEL certification for a market approval in Chile
- MCITT certification for market approval in India
- NCA approval for the market entry in Ghana
- MBIE certification for market approval in New Zealand
- MinTIC certification for market access for Colombia
- MoC certification for a market approval in Israel
- Market approval in Turkey by the ICTA
- ATT certification for market approval in Bolivia