MTC certification for market entry in Peru
Market approval for radio devices in Peru is issued by the responsible authority MTC (Ministerio de tranportes y comunicaciones) that allows market access for Peru.
The MTC does not define its own, national certification regime, but it is strongly related to FCC specifications. The test scope for approval by the MTC is therefore also based on the requirements for an FCC approval, so that test reports and certificates issued for the US approval can be reused. It is therefore not necessary to carry out local tests in a laboratory in Peru, nor to engage a local representative.
A manufacturer must plan between four and eight weeks to complete the certification process. Like the FCC approval, the manufacturer is also responsible to label the approved product with the FCC label. Upon completion of the MTC certification process, the product is permanently approved for the Peruvian market and does not need to be recertified.
As CETECOM, we offer our customers all the services required for approval of the market in Peru. As an ISO 17025 and FCC accredited laboratory, we can perform all the necessary tests for an FCC approval in our laboratories. Our test reports are recognized by both, the FCC and MTC, and will be used for regulatory approval in Peru. Throughout the entire testing and certification process, we handle the project for you, including the communication with the MTC, thus ensuring an efficient approval process and fast market approval in Peru.
We have prepared all basic information and requirements for this region for you on the special page Market Approval for Peru. You can also find further information on the specifications for an FCC and MTC certification and the associated certification label, as well as many other approval regimes in our certification database CETECOM CERT.
Other articles of this series:
- FCC certification for US market entry
- ACMA certification for market approval in Australia
- CCC certification for approval in China
- ISED certification for market approval in Canada
- ICASA certification for market approval in South Africa
- CE marking for a market approval in Europe
- ENACOM certification for market approval in Argentina
- ANRT certification for a market approval in Morocco
- CITC certification for market approval in Saudi Arabia
- KC certification for market access in South Korea
- Anatel certification for market access in Brazil
- SUBTEL certification for a market approval in Chile
- MCITT certification for market approval in India
- NCA approval for the market entry in Ghana
- MBIE certification for market approval in New Zealand
- MinTIC certification for market access for Colombia
- MoC certification for a market approval in Israel
- Market approval in Turkey by the ICTA
- ATT certification for market approval in Bolivia
- NCC certification for market approval in Nigeria
- NTRA certification for market approval in Egypt
- IDA certification for market approval in Singapore
- TRC certification for regulatory approval in Jordan
- SIRIM certification for market approval in Malaysia
- SIT approval for market access in Guatemala