For manufacturers who want to market products with built-in wireless technologies in the Indian market, a MCITT certification is essential. The certification is based on the requirements of the state authority Bureau Indian Standards (BIS) and is defined by national regulations and specifications that are valid for an EU approval based on the Radio Equipment Directive (RED).
The MCITT approval for India is valid permanently, so manufacturers do not have to go through a recertification process for non-modified products. The approval process, which can take between ten and twelve weeks, requires the utilization of a local representative, but not the performance of local testing in a laboratory in India.
Following the successful approval of a product by the authority, the manufacturer is required to print the associated certification label on the product (if applicable) and packaging. It is important to note that the minimum width of 8 inches (about 3 cm) is defined by the authority, where in addition to the label, the IS number and the registration number must also be displayed.
As part of our certification services, we coordinate the entire MCITT certification for you. We can carry out the necessary regulatory tests in our laboratories and our experienced certification team then completes the full certification process to ensure an efficient approval, including the coordination with the local representative for rapid approval in the Indian market.
On our website you will find more information about our testing and certification services. Further information on BIS requirements for a MCITT certification and the related certification label, as well as many other approval regimes can be found in our certification database CETECOM CERT.
Other articles of this series:
- FCC certification for US market entry
- ACMA certification for market approval in Australia
- CCC certification for approval in China
- ISED certification for market approval in Canada
- ICASA certification for market approval in South Africa
- CE marking for a market approval in Europe
- ENACOM certification for market approval in Argentina
- ANRT certification for a market approval in Morocco
- CITC certification for market approval in Saudi Arabia
- KC certification for market access in South Korea
- Anatel certification for market access in Brazil
- SUBTEL certification for a market approval in Chile