ETSI EN 300 328 was updated to V2.2.2
One of the most frequently used standards for approval tests for products with radio technologies is ETSI EN 300 328. The previous version V2.1.1 is now replaced by the new V2.2.2, which means various changes for manufacturers.
What is regulated in ETSI EN 300 328?
ETSI EN 300 328 regulates the specifications for broadband transmission systems operating in the license free 2.4 GHz band. The 2.4 GHz band is used for technologies such as Bluetooth, WLAN (2.4 GHz), ZigBee and others. Both transmitters and receivers operating in the following allowed frequency bands are considered:
|Service frequency bands|
|Transmit||2 400 MHz to 2 483.5 MHz|
|Receive||2 400 MHz to 2 483.5 MHz|
What effectively changes with the update from V2.1.1 to V2.2.2?
The change to V2.2.2 is accompanied by three fundamental changes:
- Limit change for the transmitter unwanted emissions in the spurious domain for the band 694 MHz – 862 MHz. It has been increased by 18 dB
- -54 dBm for 100 kHz bandwidth to -36 dBm for 100 kHz bandwidth.
- The definitions for the receiver categories 1 to 3 have been more clearly defined or supplemented.
- The requirements for receiver blocking measurements have also been adapted.
- The specification of the power for the blocking signal was tightened to -34 dBm, formerly -47 dBm or -53 dBm depending on blocking signal frequency.
What must manufacturers do now?
The ETSI EN 300 328 V2.2.2 has already been published in the Official Journal, so V2.2.2 already replaced the previously valid V2.1.1. The transition period for V2.1.1 ends with August 6, 2021. Until then, all products tested according to V2.1.1 can still be marketed, but after this transitional period, products placed on the market must meet the requirements of the new version V2.2.2. For new approvals of products that have to be tested according to ETSI EN 300 328 – even within the transition period – it is recommended to perform the tests according to the requirements of V2.2.2. The same applies to long-life products which will not be subject to any updates before the end of the transition period.
In our laboratories we offer a wide range of tests for products with radio technologies. Thus we are also equipped to carry out the tests according to the specifications for the new version 2.2.2 of ETSI EN 300 328.
In addition, our internal notified bodies ensure smooth approval for the European area (CE marking), which at the same time provides a good basis for various international type approvals.