CETECOM is your ideal partner for Certification and International Type Approval
Who can help me with a global certification strategy?
There is no single certification program which gives manufacturers the possibility to certify a product globally. Manufacturers must deal with different certification regimes, mainly involving these three scenarios:
- FCC certification
- Certification according to R&TTE / Radio Equipment Directive (RED)
- A national certification regime (including Industry Canada, MIC Japan)
In many cases, national certification regimes relate to the certification specifications needed for FCC and R&TTE / RED.
THE CHALLENGES OF A CERTIFICATION PROCESS
CETECOM is highly experienced in the global certification process for devices with telecommunication technology. This process differs from country to country, although the relevant certification regime may be exactly the same.
The level complexity for a certification depends on several indicators:
- How are the response times from local authorities?
- Are there any established relationships with key contacts?
- Are you able to overcome possible language barriers?
- Are you familiar with the legislative processes and challenges for a certification process?
HOW CETECOM CAN HELP?
On the basis of many years of successful approval handling and long-standing contacts with official approval bodies around the world, CETECOM can test and certify according to regulatory requirements of virtually any market you plan to enter quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- As a global network, CETECOM can help you manage the conformity processes all around the world – whether it‘s the United States, the European Union, Asia Pacific or elsewhere. With our extensive global accreditations, recognitions and worldwide contacts with decisive authorities, we can inform you of the standards, directives and access requirements of any geographic region you target.
- CETECOM certifies to international and local standards for a wide range of industries and technologies. We can perform the necessary tests and manage the entire certification process from start to finish, helping you get your product into its target markets quickly.
- Pre-certification is designed to help you prepare the formal product certification. By engaging CETECOM right from the beginning, we can assist to ensure a development advantage and rapid market introduction, saving you time and money.
- Approval handling in 180 countries – When your target market is not covered by mutual recognized standards or agreements, our specialized team for International Type Approval (ITA) can handle the certification process with the responsible authorities on location.