The market approval for radio technology products for Senegal is issued by the national authority Autorité de Régulation des Télécommunications et des Postes (ARTP). Only the ARTP approval allows manufacturers to market such products in Senegal.
The ARTP approval is a national certification regime which, in addition to national specifications, is strongly related to the requirements of the Radio Equipment Directive (RED). The scope of testing for approval by the ARTP therefore also closely matches the requirements for a CE marking so that test reports and certificates issued for the CE marking can be reused. It is therefore not necessary to carry out local tests in a laboratory in Senegal, but a local representative must be involved to complete the approval process.
For the approval process, a manufacturer must schedule between eight and ten weeks and the ARTP approval is permanently valid. This means that a recertification of an unchanged product is not necessary.
Although the test process is based on the CE Marking requirements, the ARTP requires the use of a separate market access certification label in Senegal. The label consists of the registration number, the brand and model name as well as the serial number.
We as CETECOM offer our customers all the services required for the approval of the market in Senegal. As an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory, we can perform all tests required for ARTP approval. Our test reports are both accepted by the ARTP and used for market approval in Senegal. Throughout the entire testing and certification process, we take care of the project handling including the communication with the local representative, thus ensuring an efficient approval process and rapid approval of the market in Senegal.
On our website you will find more information about our full testing and certification services. You can also find further information on the specifications for an ARTP certification and the associated certification label, as well as many other approval regimes in our certification database CETECOM CERT.
Other articles of this series:
- FCC certification for US market entry
- ACMA certification for market approval in Australia
- CCC certification for approval in China
- ISED certification for market approval in Canada
- ICASA certification for market approval in South Africa
- CE marking for a market approval in Europe
- ENACOM certification for market approval in Argentina
- ANRT certification for a market approval in Morocco
- CITC certification for market approval in Saudi Arabia
- KC certification for market access in South Korea
- Anatel certification for market access in Brazil
- SUBTEL certification for a market approval in Chile
- MCITT certification for market approval in India
- NCA approval for the market entry in Ghana
- MBIE certification for market approval in New Zealand
- MinTIC certification for market access for Colombia
- MoC certification for a market approval in Israel
- Market approval in Turkey by the ICTA
- ATT certification for market approval in Bolivia
- NCC certification for market approval in Nigeria
- NTRA certification for market approval in Egypt
- IDA certification for market approval in Singapore
- TRC certification for regulatory approval in Jordan
- SIRIM certification for market approval in Malaysia
- SIT approval for market access in Guatemala
- MTC certification for market entry in Peru
- MIC certification for market approval in Japan