CETECOM is approved for the certification testing of wireless power charging devices for mobile devices and transmitters. The Wireless Power Consortium requires standardized testing by authorized test laboratories.
CETECOM‘s comprehensive service portfolio for Wireless Charging according to Qi standards includes:
- Mandatory certification testing for charging stations according to WPC specifications
- Mandatory certification testing for devices according to WPC specifications
- Tests for electromagnetic compatibility according to R&TTE guidelines
- Conformity assessment for the CE marking (from June 2016 according to RE Directive)
- Tests according to FCC standards for the US market
- Research and development tests in accordance with customer requirements (e.g. under extreme climatic conditions from -30 °C to +60°C)
- Tests during development
- Over-the-Air (OTA) Pre-Compliance Tests during Development: performance tests for testing the influence of the usage of a charging station with a cell phone
The advantages of Qi certified devices are many and varied:
- Interoperability: a Qi charging unit charges all devices with integrated Qi technology.
- Compatibility with all future stages of development of this standard is guaranteed.
- An exchange of information between the charging unit and the device to be charged protects e.g. against overcharging and overheating.
- The mechanical load of the device is reduced because no more cable must be connected.
- The usability of the devices is increased, e.g. the sterilization of smooth surfaces of medical equipment is simplified.