As a CATL (CTIA Authorized Test Lab), CETECOM is accredited to perform OTA measurements following the specifications of the Test Plan for Mobile Stations Over-theAir Performance. OTA measurements are a requirement to obtain PTCRB certification and compulsory for wireless devices that are launched on the North American market. The globally recognized GCF Regime has similar requirements regarding OTA measurements.
OTA TEST SERVICES
- Total Radiated Power (TRP) Measurements in free space, SAM phantom head, and artificial hand (left & right)
- Total Isotropic Sensitivity (TIS) Measurements in free space, SAM phantom head, and artificial hand (left & right)
- Spherical antenna patterns within the frequencies of 400 MHz – 6 GHz • 2D and 3D graphic of measurements
- GSM, CDMA, W-CDMA, A-GPS, WLAN
- Full report with plots
Customized antenna measurements for comparison or evaluation are also available upon customer requests.
WI-FI® / MOBILE CONVERGED DEVICES
The CTIA and Wi-Fi Alliance® authorized CETECOM to perform Over-the-Air Performance Evaluation of Wi-Fi Mobile Converged Devices on their behalf. The program was jointly developed by the CTIA and Wi-Fi Alliance® to provide detailed information on the performance of the WiFi® and cellular radios in a converged handset.
CETECOM‘s test scope include:
- Measuring the transmit power (TRP) and receiver sensitivity (TIS) of the Wi-Fi radio in a converged phone
- Measuring the compatibility and interoperability between the Wi-Fi and cellular radios
- Measuring the effects of the Wi-Fi and cellular radio performance when operated simultaneously (coexistence tests)
The test results will provide carriers the necessary data to properly evaluate the best handsets for their network, thereby offering high performance converged handsets to subscribers. To complete testing the device must be Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ for core interoperability and WPA2™ security as well as CTIA certified for cellular performance.