CETECOM verifies the IT security of your connected devices.
Connected devices (also Internet-of-Things - IOT) are based on sensor/actuator technology, back-end connections and optionally also gateways and smartphone APPs. Various wireless technologies are used:
- Bluetooth, Zigbee, WLAN and similar technologies to connect the networked device to the smartphone or gateway.
- A (mostly) cellular mobile connection to connect the device to the backend.
An attacker has three potential main targets to gain access to a networked device:
- The device itself
- The network
- The infrastructure (app, cloud)
Accordingly, IT security must be adequately ensured, depending on the application. This includes a secure application, robust design, trustworthy handling of private data, the update/upgrade behavior of firmware and software as well as the security against attacks on the data validity and authenticity of the communication partners.
- Threat assessment
- Risk analysis
- Code and architecture review
- Advice on requirements and mechanisms for the production of IT security
- Vulnerability analysis and penetration testing
- Communication links
- Data Management
- Ensuring safety in the device's life cycle
- Creation of test reports and recommendations