HEALTH - EMF (Electromagnetic Fields)
CETECOM helps ensure that mobile communication devices are not harmful to health. In accordance with the requirements stipulated by the various international regulations authorities CETECOM provides the following test and compliance services to establish that the exposure of electromagnetic fields is within the limit values.
EMF - Electromagnetic Fields
- Metrological acquisition of predominant EMF exposure conditions at a specified site or inside an specific area. -Wide-band exposure measurements with isotropic field probes up to 60 GHz -Frequency-selective field measurements using a diversity of test antennas to identify the origin
- Calculation of safety distances from antenna locations according to requirements by R&TTE-directive Art. 3(1)a)
- Measurement of field intensity or power density in order to determine safety distances from antenna stations according to approved specifications (for example EN 50413)
- Precise measurements of distances, installation heights and installation angles
- Determination of electromagnetic shielding of buildings, walls, protective foils and clothes
- EMF-investigations in the scope of accident prevention regulation and industrial safety
- Comparison of examined exposure situations with basic / reference limit values or proposed limit values according to EU-Council-Recommendation 1999/519/EG, CNIRP-Guideline, 26.BImSchV from Germany, NISV from Switzerland, etc...
- Easily understood documentation relating to measurements and test results such as test reports, certification, expert opinions, recommendations
- Measurements or calculation of electromagnetic field emissions of stand-alone devices according to: EN 50364: Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID); EN 50385: radio base stations and fixed terminal stations for wireless telecommunication systems; EN 50401: fixed equipment for radio transmission intended for use in wireless telecommunication networks; EN 62311: electronic and electrical equipment; EN 62479: low power electronic and electrical equipment.
- Measurements of electromagnetic fields of high voltage devices, power mains networks etc. according to the requirements of Directive 2013/35/EU repealing Directive 2004/40/ECof the European Parliament or German BGV B11
Besides EMF measurements CETECOM offers the following test services to show compliance with health standards. For more information see the specific fact sheets.
- HAC - Hearing Aid Compatibility
- SAR - Special Absorption Rate
In addition CETECOM supports the Medical Industry with the implementation of wireless communication technologies to make sure that products meet the required quality, health, environmental and safety standards for fast and cost-effective market access.