Sr. Certification Manager
The Certification Services team is responsible for the management of international projects in order to obtain certifications and approvals for radio and telecommunications products. Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
The Sr. Certification Manager is a global regulatory expert and is an acting TCB and Notified Body for R&TTE or RED with extensive experience in global regulatory compliance, regulatory agency communication, testing products per wireless standards and obtaining global product certifications. In addition, the Sr. Certification Manager has expertise in compliance document databases and managing compliance documents.
- Meet Certification business unit objectives, including revenue targets, with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Prioritization, review, and approval of FCC TCB/IC NB/ EU projects for worldwide radio and telecommunications products.
- Communicate with internal PMs and customers to provide support.
- Identify changing regulatory requirements and initiate appropriate changes.
- Review of customer documentation for completeness and correctness.
- Identify and lead efforts to improve our Certification processes.
- Provide training to customers and internal departments on TCB/NB regulatory issues and topics.
- Participate in appropriate forums and organizations that are involved in the global regulatory compliance landscape.
- Regular reporting of project status to the customer/PM/Sales.
- Working with CETECOM TCB and NB groups in Germany.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of regulatory experience in EMC testing, wireless testing and certifications, ISO 17065 Quality Management Systems and Compliance Laboratory Management.
- Member of well-established network of knowledge carriers (TCB and NB working groups, long term relationships with stakeholders).
- Regulatory expert with European and North American radio and telecom technical and administrative product authorization rules and associate RF, EMC, Safety and RF exposure technical standards and standardization systems (Europe: R&TTE-D, new RED, EMC-D, LVD, US/CAN: FCC and IC EMC and RF Exposure rules).
- Certification professional with in-depth knowledge and skills in standardization, testing and certification of wireless products using popular radio technologies like 2G/3G/4G, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC.
- Experience with related non-regulatory certification schemes and standards (GCF, PTCRB, Bluetooth, core 3GPP specs for 2/3/4G).
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects under tight time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Computer).
- Full understanding of A2LA accreditation process and TCB assessment.
- Experience working in multi-location certification projects with international project teams.
- Excellent technical writing abilities and verbal communication.
- Proactive work style with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Self-directed with ability to be flexible regarding evolving priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff and customers about all technical and administrative aspects of radio product assessment and certification.
For consideration, please submit your resume to HR: email@example.com